The Old Potters Inn is a charming heritage house that was once a pottery called the Potters Loom and is now a small personalized, three star accommodation. The four self catering cottages offer en-suite bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities, queen size beds, a lounge with fireplace, and a swimming pool outside.
HERITAGE BUILDING (on the main road)
Two standard rooms with Queen beds. These are the middle two rooms. Each has an en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet and they have a view of the main road. Both have a coffee-and-tea station.
Two, slightly larger rooms with either one King bed, or two single beds (depending on the guests’ requirements). These are on the sides of the building, on the main road. They each have an en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet, as well as a coffee-and-tea station and a small fridge.
All beds have electric blankets. All rooms have ceiling fans.
Four cottages, of which two have a bath, shower and toilet, and two have only a shower and toilet.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are open-plan (upstairs). The toilets are all separately enclosed.
There is a small patio on both sides and we provide a small grill for guests who want to braai.
There is a lounge downstairs with a kitchenette (toaster, kettle, tea-and-coffee making station, kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery, induction plate, microwave oven and full size fridge). The lounge has a wood-fire oven. One small bundle of wood are provided with firelighters and matches and guests may purchase additional bundles from the restaurant, or they may buy in bulk from OK, Greyton Supermarket, etc.
All beds have electric blankets and the bedrooms have ceiling fans.
Should guests travel with children, Snooza beds can be made up for each child at a once-off fee of R300 per bed in the cottages. A maximum of two children in each cottage under 13 years.
• The premises are not wheelchair-accessible, as there are stairs leading to the rooms in the heritage
building, as well as one flight of stairs in each cottage leading to the open-plan bedroom area.
• The restaurant is pet-friendly, but no pets allowed in any of the accommodation.
• Linen and towels are provided, as well as guest soap (no shampoo, conditioner or body lotion, though).
• Pool towels for guests provided who want to swim.
• Parking on-site, but it’s too small to accommodate double-cab vehicles, large SUV’s, buses or trailers.
• Free wi-fi throughout the premises.
• The Old Potters Inn restaurant currently operates from Wednesdays to Saturdays (lunch and supper only). Currently not open for breakfast.
• The rooms in the heritage building are exposed to morning and afternoon traffic.
• 1854 Restaurant has live entertainment every Saturday evening. They are usually quiet by 22:00
Queen room – R600
King room – R800
Cottage – R1025
Queen room – R915
King room – R1080
Cottage – R1275
HIGH SEASON RATES
Queen room – R980
King room – R1100
Cottage – R1350
What this place offers
- Essentials - Bed sheets, soap, toilet paper, etc
- Cleaning products
- Outdoor dining area
- Body soap
- Cleaning products
- Hair dryer
- Shower gel
- Clothes Line
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Room-darkening shades / Black-out blinds
- Ethernet connection
- Ceiling fan
- Indoor fireplace
- Unfenced pool or dam
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Smoke alarm
- Wood / charcoal braai
- Braai utensils
- Coffee maker
- Cooking basics
- Dining table
- Mini fridge
- Wine glasses
- Pool - Shared
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun loungers
- Cleaning available during stay
- Long term stays allowed (over 28 days)